If you are facing a stunt driving or racing charge you should call us immediately at 905-454-2112. In Ontario the most common reason for receiving this charge is driving at 50km/h over the speed limit, but several other reasons exist as well.
Reasons For Receiving This Charge
- Driving 50km/h over the posted speed limit
- Making an immediate left turn where the vehicle facing the opposite direction is able to drive through the intersection on a green light
- Squealing your tires
- Competition driving or chasing another vehicle
- Driving aggressively in a way that shows lack of care or could endanger other drivers
- Repeatedly changing lanes close to other vehicles
- Driving in a way that lifts your tires off the road; this also applies to a motorcyle
- Driving with a person in the trunk
- Driving while the driver is not sitting in the driver’s seat
- Driving intentionally in a way that prevents another vehicle from passing you
- The minimum fine is $2000 and the maximum is $10,000.
- License suspension for up to 2 years (up to 10 years for a 2nd conviction within 10 years of the first)
- Insurance rate increases
- 6 demerit points
- Imprisonment up to 6 months
We Can Help You
This is a serious charge that if not addressed by a professional can affect you for many years financially. We will attempt to have your charge dismissed. If this is not possible we will work to lessen the charge so that it affects your record and insurance as little as possible.
Whats The Cost?
Each case is different. Call us so that we can talk to you about your charge and provide you with a free quote. The cost is always less than the charge and the affect on your driving record and insurance.